Autumn Colors in Raleigh

November 10th, 2006

Fall colors arrive late in Raleigh compared to the Northeast, but at least we get them. I’ll be updating this page with new photographs while the colors are still around.

Autumn landscape with downtown Raleigh looming over Wake Forest Road and the I-440 Beltline.
Peeking into Salisbury Street and the site of the new convention center Marriott.
Fall leaves scattered on grass.
Sun setting on Raleigh from Boylan Avenue with construction cranes.
Silhouette of the downtown Raleigh Skyline.
Another construction tower crane for the Bloomsbury Estates.
More sun sets.
An interesting tree.
Sun setting lower.
Green grass grows on a pile of construction dirt.
Yellow leaves and trees.
Convention center construction workers.
The NC State Bell Tower.
The full moon rising late day.
Yellow leaves on the capitol grounds and Wachovia Capitol Center.
Graffiti.
More skyline from North Raleigh.
Fall colors and the belt of Venus.
Magic hour from Dorothea Dix.
Raleigh Skyline, again.
Wake Forest Road beltline interchange.
More fall colors.
The site of 222 Glenwood with the Quorum Center.
The Archdale Building, Clarion Hotel, and Quorum Center.
The sun gleaming off of Two Hannover Square.
Traffic streams back and forth on Wake Forest Road.
Autumn landscape from Dorothea Dix.

Comments

1. Nick says:

November 11th, 2006 at 1:16 am (#)

Incredible photography. Those exact skyline pics should be compared in about 5 years.

2. Ernest Pecounis says:

November 11th, 2006 at 11:09 am (#)

Matt,

I don’t know how you do it man, but you manage to come up with more impressive photography every time. I know, it is called talent and professionalism, which you seem to have in abundance. Keep up the hard work. Your site is the best source of Raleigh photography… and not only 🙂

3. Kip Hurley says:

November 11th, 2006 at 11:28 am (#)

You are incredibly talented.

4. Matt K says:

November 12th, 2006 at 3:13 pm (#)

Agreement with everyone else here, the photos on your site are fantastic. I don’t know how you manage to get some of the impressive views that you do, it’s amazing. There’s a lot of dynamic progress happening with Raleigh’s skyline right now, and I can’t be patient enough to see what comes next – your photos do a marvelous job of chronicaling that progress though. Hopefully you are planning a series of spring-time Raleigh photos when everything comes back in bloom! 🙂

5. Brittain says:

November 15th, 2006 at 2:25 am (#)

I love living in Pittsburgh I think I’m starting to miss Raleigh and I have only been gone for 4 months.

6. Emanuel says:

March 16th, 2007 at 6:32 pm (#)

WOW!!!!

THANKY YOU!!!!!!

7. chris says:

April 7th, 2007 at 7:22 pm (#)

Beautiful pictures! The Pittsburgh galleries are INCREDIBLE! A surprisingly beautiful city!

8. Vada Palma says:

April 30th, 2007 at 3:39 pm (#)

You’ve managed to capture my hometown with sensitivity and respect. Thank you!

9. omar says:

August 13th, 2007 at 12:33 am (#)

your photos are great i wonder if you have some ones to share from the lake in falls if so let me know please.
    thanks

10. waleed says:

September 16th, 2007 at 4:27 pm (#)

thank you for such nice photo, is realy great keep going like that. thanks agine

11. monty says:

October 18th, 2007 at 1:33 pm (#)

Wow! you have incredible talent! I just graduated from NC State and moved to Tampa, FL and I now look at the pics everyday to remind me of home 🙂

12. rebelvandal. says:

January 27th, 2008 at 9:40 pm (#)

these beautiful photographs will soon be filled with graffiti.

13. Patrick says:

January 10th, 2009 at 12:53 am (#)

I was born in Raleigh in Rex Hospital in 1961 (the old one). I was transferred to Tampa Bay by my employer. I have not seen Raleigh in 22 years and it looks awesome. GREAT JOB on the photography. Very enjoyable to share with my friends.