Quick Series: Fall Evening

October 27th, 2007
I don’t have enough material to post for a full series before I head out of town again, but I wanted to supply a small update for those would appreciate it. RaleighSkyline.com Elevated view from West Street. RaleighSkyline.com Repeating Fayetteville Street. RaleighSkyline.com Peace Street. RaleighSkyline.com RBC Plaza has pleased me so far, and is making nice progress. RaleighSkyline.com The emerging Glenwood South skyline. RaleighSkyline.com Opinions? RaleighSkyline.com The infamous Peace/St. Marys street angle has definitely morphed over the last couple of months. Thanks for your patience!

Comments

1. Garland says:

October 27th, 2007 at 7:43 am (#)

First!

Great pictures, Matt, as always.

2. Rell says:

October 27th, 2007 at 12:42 pm (#)

The 3rd photo with the Peace St. sign with a blurry Raleigh in the background makes downtown look HUGE!!! (like DC)

3. Emanuel says:

October 27th, 2007 at 2:26 pm (#)

Well worth the wait. Thanks for the shot of the elevated view from West Street. I am so glad you remembered my request for that shot. Rell I agree with you about the 3rd photo making Raleigh look huge. I love the progress on RBC and even that old, less than looking Marriott.

Matt you are the BEST!!!!!

4. Emanuel says:

October 27th, 2007 at 2:34 pm (#)

One more thing…., The view of the skyline from Gennwood South…AMAZING. Is that the West condo project or the 222 condo project? Whatever it is, it adds so much to the appearence of the skyline from all views that include that building in the shot. Raleigh is SO on the move. YEA!!!

October 27th, 2007 at 10:51 pm (#)

Emanuel, you are correct, that is the 222 Glenwood project. I also agree with you about the angle from Glenwood South’s NW edge: it is very nice!!!

Matt, I have been waiting for some new photos, just like everyone else 🙂 Well, you didn’t let me down this time, either 🙂 Thanks for putting together this collection for us.

6. Coach says:

October 28th, 2007 at 2:05 pm (#)

Great pictures. I always look forward to them! Thanks. Raleigh is definately on the up and up. Now it’s time to do something with the street signs, cables, lights and streetlights. Thanks atgain.

7. raleighite says:

October 28th, 2007 at 10:17 pm (#)

Lord looks like I started craziness with the FIRST thing. Sorry Matt. Cool pix

8. Jeff says:

October 29th, 2007 at 11:28 am (#)

Wow…. I can’t believe the Peace/St. Marys shot, amazing how that has changed. Great work as always!

9. Michael Bryan says:

October 31st, 2007 at 9:11 am (#)

These are great Matt. Keep up the good work. Do I count 19 Floors completed on the RBC tower?

10. David title says:

November 16th, 2007 at 9:31 pm (#)

Great pics!! amazing!!!!!! =)

11. Matt K says:

November 18th, 2007 at 2:54 pm (#)

I always look forward to these – especially more so now that I am out of the area 5 days a week.

Not to jack the topic here or anything – but I haven’t seen anyone point out how the progress with Glenwood South and the area around the West at North and where the Quorum Center is now making for a nice view when you enter the city coming down Capital Blvd. Because of the topography, you really can’t see downtown well as you drive in on Capital – although once you get to roughly where Wade Avenue is, it’s nice to now see buildings emerging on the skyline where you couldn’t see much before. Raleigh is looking good!

Keep up the great work, Matt!

12. Matt K says:

November 18th, 2007 at 3:02 pm (#)

One more thing – Michael Bryan, not sure if you are in Raleigh or able to get downtown – there are numbers painted on the corner of the RBC tower every five floors. Last time I checked (end of October), they were topping out the 21st floor. So it’s easy to see the progress that way.

One other thing I meant to respond to as well – I might be one of the few that loves the madness that Peace Street is (sounds like an oxymoron, I know). Or maybe not the few? That picture is awesome!