When I saw the lightnings I knew you were out there taking photos ðŸ™‚ Statistically speaking, the chances of squeezing a lightning between Raleigh’s two tallest in a photo, particularly from the money shot angle, is next to none, but you did it!!! RBC Plaza has done a lot to improve out skyline and I can’t wait until it is all lit up. Thanks for sharing your great work with us.
Excellent! Let’s get a developer in here that will break ground and build a real high rise building (I am hoping it is someone from out-of-state, someone with vision). That property needs a signature building (and a building that will cover up most of that ugly Marriott).
NO Surprise: More delays with City Plaza (as I said at the beginning of this project, this will be scaled back and a city center joke). Sounds like the owner of the Bank of America builidng (you know, that pathetic brick box) does not give a damn about this project, playing hardball and wasting time (he will take his bat and ball away, in this case the (4) retail locations)
I’d like to comment on TC’s remark on the owner of Bank of America’s building dragging his feet on the City Plaza project. Does that sound fishy to anyone??? I say that because BOA = Charlotte, actually I should say BOA OWNS Charlotte. Sounds a little like someone trying to stand in the way of progress here in order to keep some busniess in Charlotte…maybe???
I am not surprised that the city officials are running out of patience, and I can’t blame them for trying to pursue a new/better deal. In this case, however, I would exercise extreme caution. If we had better bids in the past, I would have been more enthusiastic about an opportunity to build something even better, but Lafayette is a great project and promises to be an elegant building, too. At this point in time, ANYONE would have a hard time to deliver something major at this site. Also, before the city officials ask for new bids, there are two steps to take: 1) Make sure they finalize The Hillsborough deal. 2) Request RFPs for Sites 2 and 3. Then, and only then we can go after Site 4 again.
At this point in time, we should not allow developers who have stalled projects to deal with, to bid on Sites 2 and 3. I am not suggesting favoring Empire Properties over other developers, but give them a little more extension to deliver something. Missing an April deadline is nothing when compared to the 301 Hillsborough property. If Empire Properties can’t come forward with what they envisioned, within a reasonable amount of time, then open Site 4 for new bids, otherwise give the developer a little more time. Besides, the city will have to clean that site from contaminants prior to any groundbreaking. Let’s do that and then push the developer.