Raleigh September Series

September 2nd, 2010

Downtown Raleigh

Raleigh Wide Open 5 Crowds on Fayetteville Street

Lightning Strike behind the city from Western Boulevard

Wake Country Parking Garage view

Gust front approaches the skyline

Rare downtown fireworks

Fayetteville Street Lightning

Downtown Raleigh Amphitheater

Wke County Justice Center progress

Outside the Raleigh Amphitheater

Fisheye over our “blighted” downtown Raleigh

Comments

1. Les says:

September 2nd, 2010 at 7:10 pm (#)

Thanks Matt

I love night shots of the city. I really like the Amphitheater pic with the Convention Center on the left. I’ve never seen the city from that angle. If the Edison and the Justice Center were completed the last shot would be my favorite in this series. It would truly give great angles and more possibilities to shots that could be new the new money shot or new shots to represent Raleigh..sorry for beating that dead horse.

Thanks Again Matt…Well worth the wait!!!!

2. Unique1 says:

September 2nd, 2010 at 8:08 pm (#)

Love the pic #8 of the amphitheater and convention center!

3. Lisa Jeffries says:

September 3rd, 2010 at 1:15 am (#)

Excellent work – as always! LOVE the color you’ve managed to capture.

PS – I love that you don’t ruin the images with overzealous watermarking. I can appreciate the need, but even more appreciate that you don’t destroy the ability to see what you’ve photographed!

September 3rd, 2010 at 9:15 am (#)

Matt, I will join the other forumers in expressing positive reactions to your September series. Great colors, wonderful compositions and absolutely perfect exposures. For the little you have to work with, you certainly offered a lot more in return. Let’s face it DT Raleigh isn’t rich in terms of landscapes, but you did great.

Les, you were right about the name of the building. Officially it is called the New Justice Center. Yes, it will be a courthouse, but that is not what they call it.

5. John says:

September 3rd, 2010 at 11:44 am (#)

Excellent photos as usual Matt. I don’t know why that article calls Raleigh’s downtown blighted. I have seen much worse downtowns.

6. Unique1 says:

September 3rd, 2010 at 6:00 pm (#)

Matt. Just saw you on a piece on WRAL. Great Job!

7. Rodney R says:

September 4th, 2010 at 10:52 am (#)

I saw the article about Raleigh downtown being blighted, def do not agree, it just needs to grow up some and decide what it wants to be, as for the jobs being plentiful, I def disagree, no work– laid off for a year from a Mortgage Servicer, and being told im too old to compete?-moving to Phoenix in November, wife is ill and wants to go close to family, I am a native southerner and will miss the South, use to live in Atlanta, which Raleigh can not compete with, but I love the fact that there is no traffic(at least compared to Atlanta) Phoenix has 5 million metro and lots of traffic, but lots of freeways and rapid rail-love your pictures and am going to order one as a memory of Raleigh. Thanks

8. Hill says:

September 4th, 2010 at 12:20 pm (#)

Textiles is booming in Raleigh? Really!?

That is absurd. Did the author get this info from an Encyclopedia Brittanica from 1975?

9. John F says:

October 5th, 2010 at 5:43 pm (#)

The Raleigh city council today endorsed a high speed rail route through the western edge of downtown.

10. Clint from OKC says:

October 14th, 2010 at 8:36 am (#)

Love the picture with the amphitheater.

11. Al says:

January 8th, 2011 at 7:36 pm (#)

Matt u should come to charlotte and do the same thing